Do you want to get well?
A simple question. If only the answer could be so simple. Jesus, as recorded in the Gospel of John, encounters a man who has been an invalid for 38 years -- longer than I have been alive. Jesus asks the man his simple question, but instead of "yes" the man begins to make excuses... "I have no one to help me," "I am too slow getting in the pool," "someone else always gets in before me." Thankfully, Jesus gets beyond the excuses and hears the man's heart, "YES, but..." The man wants to be healed, but simply did not see a way out of his situation, except for the waters at the pool of Bethesda. His focus on this one "answer" blinded him from seeing THE answer. He could see no other alternative.
How often do I miss what God wants to do in my life, my family, my church-family, simply because I can't see. I think I know the answer and if Jesus would just lower me into the pool, before anyone else gets in, then all would be well. The pool is not the answer, Jesus is the answer, Jesus is my answer. "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us..." (Ephesians 3:20). Thankfully Jesus sees beyond what I see and Jesus can accomplish more than I can accomplish--more than I can ask, more than I can even imagine!
How often do I miss what God wants to do in my life, my family, my church-family, simply because I can't see. I think I know the answer and if Jesus would just lower me into the pool, before anyone else gets in, then all would be well. The pool is not the answer, Jesus is the answer, Jesus is my answer. "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us..." (Ephesians 3:20). Thankfully Jesus sees beyond what I see and Jesus can accomplish more than I can accomplish--more than I can ask, more than I can even imagine!