Discouraged

For the last couple of days I have been down. There are some circumstances in my life that currently have my attention. I have begun to worry over them and they are starting to weigh on me. This morning I was praying/complaining to the Lord over them. I let him know that I couldn't fix this and I need his help. Of course, my words were more numerous and a little less refined. Later in the day, a friend of mine called to check in with me. When he asked me how things were going I decided to be real with him. I let him know how I was feeling. As my friend prayed for me he used a verse of scripture from the Holy Bible in his prayer. The Scripture he quoted was from Philippians chapter 4, verse 6. "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." God used that prayer to let me know that he was there, that he knew what was going on and that he already had an answer for me. I just needed to go ahead and be thankful. "…with thanksgiving, make your requests known…" I forgot my part. God's part of the circumstance is to hear and answer prayer, which he always does. My part is to seek Him, ask, and be thankful. Another scripture tells me to "rejoice in everything. Rejoice." Hearing this is one thing, but having the Holy Spirit speak it makes all the difference in the world. I serve an awesome God.

Popular posts from this blog

Sabbatical Day 1

Who told you...?

Do you want to get well?