Searching for Canaan

I am not a Jew, but I am fascinated with Jewish historical tradition, especially the parts recorded in the Torah and the Old Testament of the Christian Bible. According to those texts, the Children of Israel were in slavery in Egypt for four hundred years. At one point, Israel's God sent a messenger (Moses) to let them know that he had other plans for them. He promised them a place of safety, freedom from slavery, and much blessing. This land was called Canaan or "the promised land."
In my inmost being, I know that there is more to this life. My life is good and my life is full, but I am not satisfied. There is still something more. I am looking for "the promised land." I am searching for Canaan.

Popular posts from this blog

Sabbatical Day 1

Who told you...?

Do you want to get well?