Back from Vacation
I spent the last week with my family vacationing along the coast of North Carolina (go Heels!). It was a great vacation. I missed two Sundays at our church and had a lot of work to do before I left to make sure everything was in order. I accomplished almost everything I intended to, and the stuff I didn't accomplish, I just left.
Normally, when I go on vacation, it takes at least two days to switch from work mode to vacation mode, longer if things are left undone. I vacate for a couple of days and then I start thinking about work again. It was not that way this year. I worked late on Friday, but once work was done, it was done. I was able to let work go and not think about it again for over a week. I have no explanation for this victory, except that God was helping me. I thank God for that help, and all his mercy, love, grace, etc.
God helped in another way as well. Many of you are aware of my former struggle with lust and addiction to pornography. The beach isn't the easiest place to go and relax when lust is one of your areas of weakness. Again, God was there. I had no problems at all for most of the week. As the week wound down, there was temptation to take that second look or allow my eyes to linger. Thanks to God's graciousness, I was able to resist temptation and enjoy my time with my family and my Savior.
There is just something about praying/spending time with the Lord while you are sitting in front of the Atlantic Ocean. The power, size and beauty of the ocean instills in me an attitude of both worship and gratitude for the ocean's Creator. I am reminded that if my life is in God's hands, it is in the best hands. I have nothing to fear or worry about. Thank you, Lord!
Normally, when I go on vacation, it takes at least two days to switch from work mode to vacation mode, longer if things are left undone. I vacate for a couple of days and then I start thinking about work again. It was not that way this year. I worked late on Friday, but once work was done, it was done. I was able to let work go and not think about it again for over a week. I have no explanation for this victory, except that God was helping me. I thank God for that help, and all his mercy, love, grace, etc.
God helped in another way as well. Many of you are aware of my former struggle with lust and addiction to pornography. The beach isn't the easiest place to go and relax when lust is one of your areas of weakness. Again, God was there. I had no problems at all for most of the week. As the week wound down, there was temptation to take that second look or allow my eyes to linger. Thanks to God's graciousness, I was able to resist temptation and enjoy my time with my family and my Savior.
There is just something about praying/spending time with the Lord while you are sitting in front of the Atlantic Ocean. The power, size and beauty of the ocean instills in me an attitude of both worship and gratitude for the ocean's Creator. I am reminded that if my life is in God's hands, it is in the best hands. I have nothing to fear or worry about. Thank you, Lord!