Another Sign
Well, here I am sitting at the airport waiting on my flight. I just had an experience that surprised me. As I was walking by one of the News stores in the airport on my way to Arbys, I noticed that the current cover girl for Maxim is Hillary Duff. When I saw that, my heart sank. I started to cry. The Spirit moved on me to begin interceding for Ms. Duff and for all the teenage girls (and boys) who look up to her.; my six year old used to be a big Lizzy McGuire fan. It bothers me that our society not only allows such a turn of events, but seems to encourage, almost cause, it. I know there are much worse things Hillary could do than be on the cover (and most likely on the inside) of Maxim. Except for blaming the Holy Spirit, I can't explain why this incident had the effect it did. Somewhere deep inside this was another sign of what is going on in the world around me. Innocence seems to be lost and traded like so many stocks on Wall Street. I will continue to pray for Hillary and for the thousands of teenage girls that want to follow in her steps. I pray that my heart will continue to be broken as I see the way our society continues to treat women. I am also challenged to take much more seriously my position as a role model for my children.