Good Morning, Lord
Today started out tough. I was planning to spend all day in the library, so I got pretty early. From the moment I got up, I was pressed with issues that I am dealing with, most of which have to do with stuff at church. For about an hour I felt frustrated and fed up. I needed to get to the library, so do you know what I did? I finished my shower, sat on my bed, and spent some time with God. I spent over an hour with my God. It was not a 'good' hour. It was tough. I read my Bible, prayed, sang, complained, and listened, all without feeling better. Well, I did feel better, but only after about an hour. The Lord has been teaching me to spend time with him. He has been drawing me close and teaching me to listen. He has been teaching me patience. In the words of an acquaintance of mine, "Stop doing devotions and live devoted." All this is to say that I could have left for the library at any time without the much needed peace. For a change, I stayed and worked through the situations with God. God is good and there is no substitute for time with Him. I know, I've passed up time with him for lots of stuff, but not today. And not tomorrow either. God is good!