Peek-a-Boo

The more I thought about the peek-a-boo analogy, the more appropriate I think it is. I already mentioned the idea of playing hide-and-seek. There is another aspect to my relationship with God that wasn't mentioned. There are rather frequent moments when God just shows up. For example, I will be driving home after work and all of a sudden, wow! God's abiding presence fills me and the space around me. There is no question, God is there. He is always there, but not always like this. On many such occasions, my physical reaction to His presence is just to cry; not a cry of fear or shame, but more along the lines of the way my wife cries at all the Hallmark commercials. At other times I just laugh. Sometimes the laugh is because at the moment, it strikes me as funny. At other times, the laugh is a laugh of relief because God has reminded me that He is there. How silly I was to think that God did not know or care about what I was facing or going through. The only problem is, just like a baby, I quickly forget that God is always there. It is definitely a pleasant experience. I am busy going about my day and God says, "Peek-a-boo."

Popular posts from this blog

Sabbatical Day 1

Who told you...?

Do you want to get well?